Everything you want to know about Invisalign
Perfect for most adults and teens, Invisalign is generally more comfortable and lifestyle-friendly than traditional braces. Each aligner will gradually straighten your teeth but you must wear your aligners at least 22 hours per day.
All Clear Choice Orthodontists are qualified Invisalign providers.
Invisalign is one of our discreet options for straightening your teeth without braces or wires.
The length of your treatment will depend upon how much movement your teeth need. This can be as short as a few months for very minor tooth movement and can extend to 2 years or more for teeth that need a lot of movement.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Discreet – Almost invisible as there are no metal wires or braces
- Comfort – Usually more comfortable than braces
- Cleaning – You can brush and floss as usual
- Diet – There are no dietary restrictions as you remove them for eating
- But you MUST wear them at least 22 hours per day to be successful
Invisalign is a system for smile enhancement and bite correction that consists of wearing a graduated set of clear plastic trays called “aligners”. It’s a great way to achieve a beautiful, confident natural smile.
You’ve Started with Invisalign – here is what to expect and what you need to do
Everything you want to know about Invisalign
How much is Invisalign?
Invisalign can treat a wide range of issues. Everyone’s treatment plan is unique and so everyone’s cost is different too. Consequently, a typical treatment plan covering top and bottom teeth will require a ballpark investment of $6000 to $9000.
We offer a number of payment plans that break down the cost into a very manageable series of monthly instalments. So in short, you’re not left with a credit card debt at the end, just a beautiful, natural smile.
How much time does Invisalign treatment take?
You can expect to have Invisalign on your teeth for between 6 and 18 months. You must wear them consistently during the period of treatment. In not doing so, you will not get the results you’re after. As a result, you may have to wear them for longer than expected.
What does Invisalign feel like?
When the aligners are on your teeth they will feel smooth. Initially you may feel minor discomfort while you adjust to the aligners. After that, many people experience no discomfort at all.
How do I eat with Invisalign?
You need to remove your aligners every time you eat or drink anything except water. This helps you avoid staining the aligners. The great news is that you can eat anything you like, any way you like, because there is no risk of breaking a bracket or tangling food in braces.
Can I get Invisalign from my dentist?
Yes, but we advise against it. Your dentist is a skilled general practitioner. As a result, they can keep your mouth healthy and deal with many minor dental issues. An orthodontist is someone who has been specially trained. They are uniquely placed to correct the alignment of your teeth and enhance your smile, permanently.
It takes several years of specialist study to become an orthodontist. Orthodontists deal with very complex concepts and therefore, understand how your teeth and jaw work, above and beyond the requirements of general dentistry. If you want the best results from Invisalign, use an orthodontist like us.
Does Invisalign change your speech?
Because Invisalign fits over your teeth, it changes their height. Consequently, this will take a few days to get used to. In the meantime you might find you have a slight lisp as you retrain your tongue to form your words but, don’t worry, it happens automatically! After that, you will be as clear and crisp as ever.
What’s the process for fitting Invisalign?
There are 6 easy steps in the treatment process.
- Your orthodontist will take photos, an X-ray and digital scans or an impression of your teeth to create your treatment plan.
- Invisalign company and your orthodontist will use the records to create a customised 3D treatment plan just for you.
- The customised aligners will be shipped to our office.
- We will add a few small “buttons” of tooth coloured filling material to your teeth. These are important for your aligners to grip onto and leverage to move the rest of your teeth into position. We will match the buttons to the colour of your teeth so that they aren’t very noticeable.
We will show you how to fit and wear your aligners. You need to wear them 22 hours per day and you swap to a new one every 2 weeks.
- We will see you every 6-8 weeks to check your progress and issue your new aligner sets.
- After the main Invisalign treatment has concluded, we may ask you to wear a retainer at night for a while to help make sure the new position of your teeth is maintained.
Is everyone a candidate for Invisalign?
Sadly, no, not everyone is suited to Invisalign. Some issues are too complex to make the Invisalign system viable. We will assess your teeth and let you know if you’re a candidate.
See the difference that Invisialign can make